Desert Foods Fiesta Featuring David Yetman
Saturday, October 7, 2017 - 9:00am
Don't miss a chat with self-described desert rat David Yetman. You’ll see why his enthusiasm for the Southwest is so infectious!
His presention is part of the Desert Foods Fiesta. Festivities include:
- Solar cooking with the Solar Guild of Tucson
- Demonstrations on how to safely collect prickly pear fruit, extract the juice, and make jellies and syrups
- History of the prickly pear
- Prickly pear products and other desert treats available for purchase
- Mesquite-pod milling into flour (please bring your mesquite pods and a container; milling fee of $3 per gallon; cash or check only)
- Telescopes for safely viewing the sun
- Refreshments and desert products available from San Xavier Farm Co-Op, Big Skye Bakers, Native Seed/SEARCH, Prest Coffee, just to name a few!
Cooper Center for Environmental Learning (Camp Cooper), 5403 W. Trails End RoadTucson, AZ
contact info & links
College of Education/Department of Teaching, Learning, and Sociocultural Studies
Requests for disability-related accommodations should be directed to the event's primary contact, Mike Mayer.