If we say “STEM field” and you immediately think of flower stalks, this panel is not for you. On the other hand, if you are pursuing a career in one of the STEM fields and hope to find out more about careers in science, technology, engineering and math, don’t miss this career panel and networking event. Panelists include representatives from Arizona Oncology Associates, Raytheon, the UA Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering and Edmund Optics’ Tucson office.
Whether you are just considering a career in a STEM field or are absolutely convinced this career path is your destiny, check out this event. This panel brings together five professionals representing different facets of careers in STEM fields. These panelists will offer career insights, sharing information on their own career paths, trends in the field and critical skills students should hone.
A networking session following the panel will offer students an opportunity to connect directly with panelists. You can meet:
- Hank Hallum, Arizona Oncology Associates surgeon
- Timothy G. Morrill, Raytheon engineering fellow
- Larry Head, head of the systems and industrial engineering department at the University of Arizona
- Ricardo Valerdi, associate professor in the UA's systems and industrial engineering department
- David Henz, manager of Edmund Optics’ Tucson office
This career panel is brought to you by UA Career Services, thanks to a grant from the University of Arizona student services fee. Space is limited, food and beverage are included for free, and interested students are asked to RSVP online for this career panel/networking event.