Arizona in Jordan is an 8-week UA summer study abroad program based in the Jordanian capital of Amman, bustling with cafes, shops, restaurants and nightlife. Amman offers the perfect milieu for experiencing Arabic language and Middle Eastern studies immersion. Students can earn up to 11 UA credits.
Available courses include:
Modern Standard Arabic
- ARB 401/2 Intermediate MSA (I & II)
- ARB 405/6; ARB 505/6 Advanced MSA (I & II)
- ARB 407/8; ARB 507/8 Fourth Year MSA (I & II)
Colloquial Jordanian Arabic
- ARB 424A Introductory Levantine Arabic I
- ARB 424A/B Introductory Levantine Arabic (I & II)
- ARB 484A/B Intermediate Levantine Arabic (I & II)
Middle Eastern Studies
- NES375-SA: Ethnography of the Middle East: Introduction to and critical examination of the ethnographic literature on the peoples/cultures of the Middle East. Focus on social organization, cultural meanings and regional political economy, with case studies from Jordan.