Speakers who will present during the two-day event include industry CEOs, leading strategists, entrepreneurs and one of America's hottest fashion designers. Among them are senior executives from Macy's, The Home Depot, Walmart, Kohl's and JCPenney.
Each will present their newest thinking on the "Innovation Generation" of retailing in the United States and worldwide at the annual conference, which will be held April 8-9 at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain in Tucson, Ariz.
"Our Global Retailing Conference has been providing the highest quality of education for advancement and innovation within the retail industry for the past 13 years," said Terry J. Lundgren, chairman, president and CEO, Macy's, Inc.
Lundgren, who will deliver opening remarks, also said: "This dedication to continuous improvement is clearly expressed in this year's theme of ‘Innovation Generation' and reflects the overall goal of the conference which is to provide powerful knowledge from the leading thinkers in our industry, as well as to engage top students who will be entering and, one day, running our businesses."
Among the topics are:
- customer-centric branding
- intelligent investments in innovation
- how to grow in today's environment
- innovation in design
- searching for sustainability, and
- talent trends in the retail industry
The event's speakers include:
- Andrea Jung, chairman and CEO, Avon Products, Inc.
- Carol B. Tomé, CFO and executive vice president, or EVP, corporate services, The Home Depot
- Darrell Rigby, partner, Bain & Company, Inc.
- Matthew E. Rubel, chairman, CEO and president, Collective Brands, Inc.
- Stephen Quinn, chief marketing officer, Walmart
- Surya Kant, president, TCS North America
- Kerstin Block, president and co-owner, Buffalo Exchange
- Diana Liverman, professor, co-director of the Institute of the Environment, University of Arizona
- Tom Julian, president and founder, Tom Julian Group
- John Heinsen, principal, Bunnygraph Entertainment
- Wesley S. McDonald, EVP and CFO, Kohl's
- Thomas McElroy, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- John Rooney, principal, U.S. Retail Sector Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Michael T. Thielmann, EVP and chief human resources and administration officer, JCPenney Corporation
- Wesley R. Card, president and CEO, Jones Apparel Group, Inc.
- Rachel Roy, fashion designer
Details on the conference, including a complete agenda and registration, are posted on the event Web site, with pages on Facebook.com (keyword Global Retailing Conference), Twitter.com/globalretail10 and LinkedIn.com.
Those interested in more information also may e-mail Melinda Burke, director of the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference is presented through the support of sponsors, icnluding Macy's, Deloitte Consulting LLP, JCPenney Corporation, Supima Cottons, 4R Systems, Kohl's Corporation, Walmart Stores, Inc., Smart Button Associates, Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC, Altria and NewAlliance Commercial Finance.
The Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing is part of the University of Arizona's John and Doris Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences.
The center brings together the resources and expertise of academia and the retail industry, with a shared goal of developing strong future retail professionals. It is considered one of the top retail business programs in the country. About 500 students currently are enrolled in classes and degree programs.