Android phone users can now join the University of Arizona mobile community.
The UA today launched the Android version of Arizona Mobile, its official app, on the Android Market.
Download Arizona Mobile here.
More than 8,300 individuals already have downloaded the iOS version of the app since its launch in May.
App users will be able to use their mobile device to navigate the UA campus, manage meal plans, browse course offerings, get information about campus events and news, search for library books, watch new videos daily, download UA-themed wallpapers and access emergency information.
Arizona Mobile offers custom features designed for UA students, visitors and employees such as:
- Maps: A mobile-optimized campus map; locations for all UA buildings; and directions for dozens of colleges, departments, libraries, computer labs and restaurants
- Dining: Direct access to meal plan accounts, allowing students to access fund balances, add money to meal plans and find out what campus dining venues are open
- Events: Daily calendar, featuring the ability to add events to a personal calendar and view event locations via a campus map
- Courses: Access to entire course catalog, class schedules, available seats and instructor names
- Videos: Mobile-friendly videos profiling UA academics, research, athletics, student programs and public outreach activities
- News: Updated several times a day, stories and features on all areas of University life
- Libraries: Access to the UA Libraries collection of books, articles and other materials
- Phonebook: Contact information for UA employees and students
- Athletics: News, scores and schedules
- Images: Iconic photos of UA people and places, along with custom wallpapers
- Emergency: Contact information in the event of an on-campus emergency
- UA Info: Mobile-optimized page of links to notable campus services and websites
Upgrades will add new features designed to make it easier for UA students, alumni, employees, guests and supporters to stay connected to one another and the institution.