Current UA employees or UA HR liaisons may contact Above and Beyond to begin relocation assistance any time.
In Tucson, call 520-321-0007
In Phoenix, call 602-388-8070
Or email: email@example.com
The contract for a program that provides no-fee relocation services for prospective, new and current employees at the University of Arizona, Arizona State University and Northern Arizona University has been renewed for the third time by the Arizona Board of Regents.
The University through the contract with the Arizona Board of Regents works with Above & Beyond Relocation Services to help candidates and existing UA employees learn about the Tucson and Phoenix communities.
To help employees find housing or connect with related services, the company works with UA liaisons from within departments or colleges who are involved with employee recruitment and retention.
Providing relevant information on everything from schools, sports, special interests and area activities, Above & Beyond works to match University referrals with real estate agents to provide information about Tucson – or Phoenix – to prospective employees and new hires, and their families.
"Above & Beyond is a great recruitment tool for new hires. Their agents can readily match new hire needs and sell the community at no cost for the new hire or the UA department," said Leslie Porter, director of consulting and talent management in Human Resources. "The provision for services is recommended in the early recruitment-interview stages, as experience shows that the sooner a candidate and family are introduced to an area, the better the acclimation and orientation process."
- Contact with a consultant who listens to the needs of each candidate and family and provides tailor-made information about Tucson or Phoenix throughout the recruitment and relocation process.
- A tour and orientation to the Tucson- or Phoenix-area housing market by a real estate professional.
- Pre-negotiated discounts with partner mortgage and title companies.
- A referral to leasing professionals to assist with long- and short-term rentals.
- Continued communication with relocated individuals and families through a quarterly newsletter that lists community events of interest.
- Additional fee-based international and VIP services for those who require further assistance.
The process is usually initiated by a UA representative; prospective and new employees should work through their units to request the services.
For those planning trips to campus for interviews, Above & Beyond conducts a needs assessment in advance.
"The needs assessment helps us to match the candidate with a real estate agent who can relate – it may be through a commonality of small children, a love of the outdoors or through a special needs child," said Laurie Becker, Above & Beyond Relocation Services principal. "Our real estate agents represent multiple realty companies and are among the best in their field."
The company is a women-owned independent partnership whose customized services support the private sector and is funded through home sales generated through referrals.
"We are excited to continue to provide exceptional service to Arizona universities in their recruitment and relocation efforts while welcoming new employees to the great state of Arizona," Becker said.