The Classified Staff Council presents its annual professional development and networking Crossroads Conference. The daylong event features a series of workshops and guest speakers. This year, the day will begin with Robert C. Robbins, president of the University of Arizona, and will end with Chris Sigurdson, UA vice president of communications.
Conference-goers can network with other University employees and learn about opportunities on campus ranging from health and wellness activities to work and life support tools. Additionally, participants can learn about resources on campus and UA employee discounts offered by various local hotels and businesses at vendor tables during the event.
Upon registration, participants can choose three presentation sessions to attend throughout the day.
- "Becoming Culturally Competent"
- "Career Conversations"
- "Collaborative Conflict: Insights for Engaging Challenge Skillfully"
- "Hostile Work Environment and Workplace Violence"
- "How to Keep Electronic Data SAFE!"
- "Introduction to the UA's Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) Guide"
- "Investment Fundamentals: The 5 Myths and Truths About Investing"
- Resistance-band exercise presented by Life & Work Connections
- Tech Launch Arizona
- University Career Architecture Program (UCAP)
Descriptions of each presentation can be found here.
The cost of the conference is $80 per attendee when paid by internal billing, or $85 per attendee when paid by credit card.
Registration is required.
|9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Strategic Plan College Visit: Libraries|
|11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Strategic Plan College Visit: Business Affairs|
|11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Strategic Plan College Visit: Student Affairs|
|noon p.m. - 1 p.m.||Spanish Conversation Sessions – 'A Taste of Mexican Culture 2'|
|2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Strategic Plan College Visit: Eller|
|7 p.m.||Arizona Baseball vs. Oregon (Away)|