Workshop – 'Keep On Strong Heart: Moral Power in the Climate Fight'
Climate change is a moral issue. It's wrong to wreck the planet. It's wrong to reap huge profits by bringing down the life-supporting systems of the planet. Climate change is a massive human rights violation, a failure of reverence for life, and a betrayal of the children. It calls people of conscience to immediate action.
This workshop, facilitated by a powerful and compassionate voice for the environment, Kathleen Dean Moore, author of "Great Tide Rising - Toward Clarity and Moral Courage in a Time of Climate Change" and co-editor of "Moral Ground: Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril," clears away the moral confusion that prevents us from speaking on climate change. It provides answers to disempowering questions like these:
- How can I criticize the fossil fuel industry when I drive a car, fly in planes, heat with oil, etc?
- Does the duty of compassion block me from moral outrage or prevent me from criticizing fossil fuel executives?
- How can I pay attention to climate change when there are so many areas of action that demand my focus?
- Do you have to be religious to be ethical?
- Is there any moral call to act if the situation is hopeless?
This interactive and compelling three-hour workshop uses discussion, role-playing, case studies and music to build logical clarity and moral courage for the fight against climate catastrophe. A workshop to support all of those engaged in environmental advocacy, justice, science and anyone interested in new and effective ways to further constructive dialog and action to save our planet.